The Rubel Castle entrance is located at:
844 N Live Oak Ave. Glendora, CA 91741
Donations are Tax Deductible
$10.00 Adults / $5.00 Children (8 to 12 Years)
*NO CHILDREN UNDER EIGHT ARE ALLOWED ON THE PREMISES.
Please have exact cash or check ready on the day of your tour.
Checks can be made out to Glendora Historical Society.
Credit cards are NOT accepted.
Rubel Castle Tours are by Reservation OnlyCLICK HERE TO REQUEST A CASTLE TOUR
For individuals or small groups of 11 or less, tours are scheduled:
EVERY First SUNDAY, Second TUESDAY, Second THURSDAY, Third FRIDAY, Third SATURDAY, and Fourth SATURDAY @ 10am
Group Tours: If you’re scheduling a group of 12 or more, please request a date(s) at least 3-4 weeks in advance. 50 people maximum.
Phone registration: If you wish to make tour reservations by phone or would like more information please call the Glendora Historical Society at: (626) 963-0419. You will be prompted to leave a message. Our phone system does not have a live operator. A volunteer will return your call as quickly as possible.
When leaving a phone message, please speak clearly and include:
• Your name and phone number.
• How many people are in your group.
• Your ideal date and time to schedule a tour.
Group tours will be asked about liability insurance that covers your organization and you will need to supply proof of insurance.
If not covered by group liability, the necessary Waiver of Liability Forms for adults and minors can be sent to you OR printed out from our web site. Sidebar to the left has links to forms. Each person participating on the tour will need a signed Waiver of Liability form if not covered by a group’s liability. The Waiver of Liability forms are to be presented to the tour docent prior to the start of your tour (do not mail them back).
NOTE: no photographs, drawings, paintings, or articles about Rubel Castle/Pharm may be published without prior written approval from GHS, Inc. - it is agreed that any media shall be limited to my own personal use.
The Rubel Castle/Pharm property is not ADA accessible:
- NO tour participation is allowed via wheelchairs, walkers, or cart assistance
- There are stairs, tunnels, and uneven surfaces
- There are no sidewalks
- There are no handrails
- Walking surfaces include gravel and bare ground
- There are no rest benches along touring routes
- Wear sturdy footwear - Heels, flip-flops, and sandals are NOT recommended for touring
- A walking and standing ability of at least a 90-minute stamina level is advised for tours
- Restroom facilities (2) require agility and balance due to steps and no handrails